Bobby Rock and Neil Zaza
Snap, Crackle & Pop... Live! (2-CD set)
"This is unquestionably the be-all/end-all live record I've ever heard! ...(Rock is) simply among the best drummers on the planet...a hard-hitting, hard-groovin' madman who sounds like a mini percussion ensemble one minute and Buddy Rich on steroids the next!"
American Underground Music JournalHold onto your seat as Bobby teams up with tour mates Neil Zaza and Bill "The Buddha" Dickens in this unparalleled musical free-for-all. Recorded during the last month of their extensive 1997 North American tour, this double-live disc contains over 100 minutes of the most over-the-top instrumental rock around as it features three tracks from Bobby's debut Out of Body, the complete, unedited solo performances from each member (including Bobby's unprecedented 18 1/2 drum solo opus, "Quadzilla"), and an in-depth interview with Bobby and Neil on Cleveland's WCSB. The set is attractively packaged in a slim-line 2-CD jewel box with a full-color, eight-panel insert that features Rock's complete '97 tour itinerary, a photo collage, and a personal memoir about the tour written by Bobby.
Snap, Crackle & Pop...Live! is attractively packaged in a slimline, two-CD jewel box case and includes:
* Three tracks from Rock's debut, Out of Body, including "Fearless," "Lightworker," and an ultra-intense instrumental version of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way."
* Three tracks from Zaza's latest, Sing, including "I'm Alright," "Amazing Grace," and a rip-roaring version of "Hailin'," which features the infamous duel between Zaza and Dickens.
* Hard-groovin', instrumental versions of Stevie Wonder's "I Wish" and Kool and the Gang's "Jungle Boogie."
* Complete, unedited solo performances, including "Quadzilla," an 181/2-minute drum solo from Bobby, a 10-minute open solo from Neil, and 8 minutes of the most outrageous bass soloing you've ever heard, compliments of the Buddha.
* Special bonus track: An 18-minute, insightful (and funny) radio interview with Bobby and Neil, recorded post-tour in Cleveland, where they discuss road life, putting together Snap, Crackle and Pop...Live! and more than a few other "interesting" things.
* A beautiful, eight-panel insert that features Rock and Zaza's complete '97 tour itinerary, a photo collage, and "A Year in the Vortex", a personal memoir about the tour written by Bobby.